Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a little worried about my dog Punkki, he is 1,5 years old swiss White Shepherd Boy. For the last four to five days I have noticed his eyes have been getting worse. There is yellowish thick liquid coming out of his eyes and setting hard on the fur around it. The wires of his eyes are slightly Red. We live in Switzerland generally walk around in the woods, mountains. I have regularly feed him qualipet owns dry food for adults, I recently had to pick up pedigree dry food for few days to replace it. Has anyone had an experience with something like this? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks! ?

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
Time for a vet visit. Eye issues are not something you want to play around with. The fact that it's an acute issue is promising that it is likely to be something that is curative. The sooner you seek treatment, the better chance you have of it healing nicely with minimal long term damage. Any eye issue left untreated has the potential to result in permanent vision loss or complete blindness. I've even seen pets that ended up requiring emergency surgery to remove their eye, because their owners neglected to bring them in for a simple crusty eye that progressed into a far more serious health concern.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts