Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a boxer and he had a small bump come up on his face about a month ago. It has since gotten bigger...about the size of a pinkie nail. Has anyone ever seen this or does anyone know what this might be. I don't have a problem taking him to the vet but don't want to waste $100 if it is just a swollen pore or something like that. I would appreciate ANY help.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Never seen anything that big for such a long period of time....if it hasn't gone away you should take him to a vet....seems like it needs medical attention.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would get it checked out - better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Could be a mast cell tumour. Check it out with your vet.

That is what I was thinking as Boxers are prone. Any news?

·
Registered
93 Posts
When you touch it does he show pain ?
Either way, the 100$ can save you alot of money in the furture.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a boxer and he used to get these when we had a cheap "chicken gate" style fence. He would sometime run against the gate when barking at other dogs loose on the street and sometimes get irritated. I would put some neosporin on it and it would go away in about a weeks time. My dog has sensitive skin in the face area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dog has similar bump

My pug has a similar bump on his chin. Just wondering if you took your boxer to the vet and what it was? I plan on taking him in but have to wait a couple weeks due to my work schedule.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts