Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,688 Posts
My terrier mix is 3.5 and has always been prone to this condition. He's been on Avoderm dry (w grain), is highly active and generally has solid quality poo; most of the time.

I would try a food that already has moisture in it . Fresh pet has some great food. My dogs love it and do very well on it. It only has a few ingredients and all of them good.
Freshpet - Vital® Balanced Nutrition Turkey Dog Food Recipe with Peas, Carrots & Brown Rice
I would also add some chopped up organic prunes to the meal every other day.
I have been using them for years on my hound when he was on dry food. Now that he eats food with moisture in it the problem seems to have deciphered. Go to a health food store and get the organic ones without sulfur and give 2 chopped up once every other day. I don't know why this works but it does. Please try it before having something cut off. This is a simple fix and it works.

· Registered
5,688 Posts
PS. What exactly do you mean food that already has moisture in it? What is that?
Wet food like canned or fresh pet has rolls that are kind of like canned food Honest kitchen you add water to the dehydrated food to make it wet.
Home cooked food or even raw has moisture in it. I think it the kibble that is the problem because it is dry. My dogs used to drink high volumes of water when they ate kibble on wet food they don't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.