Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Amazon Prime and have started a shopping list on there in anticipation of our new addition next Spring/Summer. I am noticing though, that some things are a lot more expensive on Amazon than on some of the pet supply sites, but then they will charge shipping, whereas I get it included with Prime. So, I am looking for sites that have great prices on food, gear, toys, etc. that don't charge for shipping (or have minimal charges). Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I currently have Amazon Prime and have started a shopping list on there in anticipation of our new addition next Spring/Summer. I am noticing though, that some things are a lot more expensive on Amazon than on some of the pet supply sites, but then they will charge shipping, whereas I get it included with Prime. So, I am looking for sites that have great prices on food, gear, toys, etc. that don't charge for shipping (or have minimal charges). Any recommendations?
Does it have to be websites? If you can, I always try to support local, non-franchised pet-stores. But, if you're in the States, I've heard really good things about Chewy, and for kind of cool different stuff, including dog sport stuff, I use Clean Run

Reactions: leaveittoweaver

·
Registered
405 Posts
Cherrybrook is one of my favorites. I'm fortunate enough to live 3 miles from one of their stores.
https://www.cherrybrook.com/

J&J is another favorite. Their leather leashes are awesome.
J&J Dog Supplies | J&J Leather Dog Leashes | J&J Dog Agility Equipment | J&J Dog Obedience Equipment | Dog Training Gear

Other places I've been happy with

MAX200
MAX 200 Performance Dog Equipment | A-Frames | Dog Walks | Tables | Tunnels | Weave Poles | Wood One-Piece Competition Dumbbells|Dog Competition Dumbbells|Wood Dumbbells | One-Piece Wood Dumbbells Jumps and Agility, Obedience and Flyball Equipment

Pet Edge
https://www.petedge.com/zpetedgemain/contentmanagement/home.jsf?wec-appid=PEDM_WEBSHOP_TR&wec-locale=en_US&wd=x

I used to order from Drs Foster & Smith, too, but they are now the pharmacy for either PetCo or PetSmart (I can't remember which). I haven't shopped at PetCo or PetSmart since they supported a bill that PETA and HSUS supported.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
I am a HUGE fan of Chewy.com. Seriously. I order my dog food from there monthly. They usually are low priced on toys and they always ship fast and, when over $50, free.

Reactions: Rain

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love amazon because I usually get really good deals, especially for pet supplies (not for food at all however). The trick is to keep an eye on the pet supplies. Add what you need to your wish list on amazon and check the price regularly... prices rise and fall constantly based on interest. I've gotten really good deals by buying items when the price falls. The only other site I semi like is Ryan's pet supplies.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.