Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a simple treat pouch that clips onto my pants, but I was thinking it would be great if I had a treat pouch with 2 compartments. One compartment for regular treats (his regular food mixed with a little something tasty) and the second compartment for high value stuff (for when I really need to distract him from another dog).

Most treat pouches have one compartment only...surprised that there hasn't been consumer demand for multi-compartment treat seperation.

Any recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have a treat pouch that has a separate inner compartment, but it doesn't work out as handy as I thought, too flat, and I end up carting about a second treat pouch for 'special' treats. My treat pouch has a metal snap closure that works awesome but after two months the hinge is coming apart--so I'm not recommending it.
I would rather just have two easy open, easy close pouches.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I like a very large treat pouch, so use either a leather nail pouch or a large climbers chalk bag both of which I belt around my waist.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I have this one and it is my favourite ever. I love it. I have a ton, but I always grab this one.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

Shandula - I checked out the one you suggested...looks good, however the outer front pocket looks pretty small, so it doesn't look like it could hold much of the 'jackpot' treats... (and be hard to fetch it out if it did).

Artdog - I contemplated just having 2 treat bags clipped onto me as you suggested. I do this in agility class already. However, if I were to go out in public with two pouches, I'm afraid I may look like a big dork, Lol. Having one pouch may be okay, but two...hah hah... well, maybe I just may have to suck it up.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Shandula - I checked out the one you suggested...looks good, however the outer front pocket looks pretty small, so it doesn't look like it could hold much of the 'jackpot' treats... (and be hard to fetch it out if it did).

Artdog - I contemplated just having 2 treat bags clipped onto me as you suggested. I do this in agility class already. However, if I were to go out in public with two pouches, I'm afraid I may look like a big dork, Lol. Having one pouch may be okay, but two...hah hah... well, maybe I just may have to suck it up.

4"x3" is a pretty good size for holding high value treats, Also using magnets instead of clasps strikes me as being super durable @Shandula i might have to steal that recommendation!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have gone to a quart size zip lock baggie cut in half then the treats in that in my pocket. Works with a jacket or cargo pants...not so much shorts or tighter pants.

Could be an option for one of your offerings!

·
Premium Member
Zoe, Phoenix, Alice - ACDx
4,325 Posts
I have two Doggone Good treat bags and a Hurtta Pro Treat Bag. I like them all. I prefer the Doggone Good bags over the Hurtta only because I have been known to break hinge close bags. The Doggone Good bags close with magnets.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Oh boy, that makes me Super Dork. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh boy, that makes me Super Dork. :)
I already look dorky enough, lol...and add to that a clicker and one pouch... but to add a second pouch, would send my dork factor over the edge!

At least in Winter, I could sortof hide the pouches under a short jacket. But now the weather is getting warmer...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.