Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2 yr old lab mix (labrador?) (female, about 75 lbs) has been with us for almost a year now. She was housebroken when we got her, pacing back and forth from the door to us, whining, or even barking at us when she needs to go outside.

We've had her on a routine all this time; 6AM outside, noon outside, 5PM outside, 8PM outside.

Over the past couple of weeks, she's decided she wants to go out at 4:20 AM, or thereabouts.

It's killing my sleep cycle and I can't figure out why the sudden change.

From bed time (10PM) until she wakes me up, she has no access to water or food. As far as I know, she's asleep the bulk of the time (she might move from her spot under the bed, to onto the bed with my wife and I)

We've had no accidents with her in the house, aside from a couple of times she peed on the unfinished portions of the basement concrete floor when we first got her.

What could be triggering this change in behavior? How do I get her back on a 6AM schedule?

·
Registered
559 Posts
sounds like she's still house broken.

You didn't say when you wake up but 8pm to 4am is 8 hours, which is normal.

Change your schedule to walk her just before you go to bed. That will help. If she's still waking up in the middle of the night then take her to the vet to be sure that there isn't a medical reason for this behaviour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts