Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am looking for ideas for little soft raw or at least minimally processed treat ideas for training on the go.

My Lil pup is on raw and everytime I let her have store bought treats it messes up her poo and she gets goopy eyes.

Not all of my dogs like deydrated liver, besides it is more of a hard treat.

Maybe fish flakes for cats would work?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dried lamb lung was a favorite in my house! What I used to do was moisten the lung peices so I could break it up and it was smellier to keep the dog's attention. So you can moisten any dried meat or organ treats. This takes less preparation than cooking your own treats. You can usually buy freeze dried chicken, too.

Anything you can bake or dry on your own is great. like boiled or baked chicken/beef/pork etc.

If your dog likes any fruit or vegetable a lot, you can cook those or make limited ingredient treats that are baked.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Dehydrated lung/liver. I also will put sardines in a food processor and stick it in a tube. One of those travel shampoo squeeze tubes works great. It stinks, but it works :) You could probably do the same with other meats/organs.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Cosmo gets dehydrated treats often times but sometimes I'll chop up some pieces of raw chicken and throw on a glove if we're planning on going to a field to practice or something where I won't just be wearing a glove with a bag of raw chicken in public haha.

He also gets cooked deer crumbles sometimes but I only tried that for treats once. I tried to form them into balls but deer is so crumbly it's impossible, and doesn't adhere like beef. Plus all the fat seeps out of the meat and hardens like bacon grease which I don't like.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Hi everyone! I am looking for ideas for little soft raw or at least minimally processed treat ideas for training on the go.

My Lil pup is on raw and everytime I let her have store bought treats it messes up her poo and she gets goopy eyes.

Not all of my dogs like deydrated liver, besides it is more of a hard treat.

Maybe fish flakes for cats would work?

Any other ideas?
These are a good choice and no chance you will get salmonella from handling raw meat. One ingredient no additives.
PureBites® Pet Treats | Purebites.com

·
Registered
662 Posts
Dried lamb lung is like doggy crack to my boy. I have also used raw meat bits or ground, if you mix it with the lamb lung it isn't so wet. I personally don't worry about salmonella, in all the years I have fed raw, no one has ever become sick from it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just got some Momentum Freeze Dried Duck hearts. You can break them and cut them up. But its all up to you. And i havent seen a dog turn them down.

I also use tricky trainers the salmon flavor, they are soft and easy to break up.

I hope this helps :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts