Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started my girl Bella on the raw food diet after about year of ongoing vet visits due to allergies (or at least I think thats what it is). She has been on it for about 3 days now. I started with turkey but after hearing that chicken is actually more ideal to start with and bones are easiest to break down, I am slowly giving her some chicken now (just gave her some a few hours ago) with turkey to start her on chicken.

I am just wondering though, how often do you find your dog poops when eating raw? She usually goes 1-2 times a day when eating kibble. She hasn't pooped since yesterday around 1 or 2. Is this unusual? Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Vitae once a day, Manna once every 2-3 days, Lilac (cat)every 2-3 days. And they are tiny!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Varies from dog to dog. Though I'd say once a day to every other day or so is normal. Since she just started it could even been a couple days as her system is getting so much out of the food there is very little waste.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok! Thanks!

Just so I know, when should I become concerned if she hasn't went? Day 4?

·
Registered
572 Posts
at day 4 I would start to worry. also a lot depends on the dogs behavior as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts