Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine suggested Halshan Prime Select for my lab retriever and I was researching other manufactures that offer raw dog food. I noticed Instinct Raw Signature food. Can anyone offer any comments on either of these two foods or other raw food recommendations?
Are they all one and the same?
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
104 Posts
I also feed raw, but not any sort of commercial raw. I buy different cuts of meat, bones, and organs, and do a DIY raw diet for my dog. This route takes a lot more research, planning, and time, but it is a lot cheaper than commercial raw diets. But if you have the means to pay for a commercial raw diet, then it is way less time consuming (basically like kibble, you just have to defrost the food and put it in the bowl). As for brands, there are sooo many, and it just comes down to finding one that you like. Some are better than others. Read the ingredients, look at reviews, etc. When I first started raw, I did commercial for a few months and chose Answers raw food. I felt it was a very good brand, and my dog loved it. Good luck! Going raw was the best thing I ever did for my dog :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Mad Murphy,
Thank you so much for your time to comment..I will do my due diligence and research foods. Can you tell me if you have time, what ingredients to look for? I'll also check out the commercial raw food you were getting initially (Answers raw food) to see what's in it to give me a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts