Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister's dog had puppies 9 weeks ago, the pups are all doing well they have had their shots and have all been de-wormed twice.
Today my sister noticed one of the puppies had a rash on her belly. It's red and looks dry. Should we be worried about it? We are wondering if maybe it is because of the vaccinations.
Here is a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
A belly rash could be from allergies of all kinds, vacancies, irratation from household chemicals or even puppy acne.

That being said, you best/first route should be to see a vet.
It could be anything

·
Registered
140 Posts
My puppy had rashes like this all the time up until a couple months ago. He used to get it after he would play around in the grass for a long time, and kind of reminded me of when you shave your legs and then don't put lotion on. It's likely just puppy skin, they are so sensitive. They react to everything like this and get dry skin very easily.

Give your puppy a bath and use conditioner on him, then put some coconut oil on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is simply an allergy. It is MOST LIKELY to fleas. It could be to a soap you are using or even the grass that he walks over. Any weird looking plants around the yard? Try also using a baby shampoo on him for sensitive skin or get an oatmeal based dog shampoo to help control fleas. I hope I helped some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts