Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Buster gets compliments ALL THE TIME. I live next to a big touristy spot in Scotland so we always get stopped on our daily walks, people asking if he's a working/service dog, if he's a sport dog of some kind or even an obedience champion haha.

The public are always so impressed with his behaviour and how intune he is with me, it's like he knows what I'd like him to do before I ask. I can stand for ages talking to complete strangers about him, they'll know everything about him by the time we part ways but couldn't tell you my name.

People are always impressed with him just in general, they want to know everything about him. So surprised by how soft his fur is, how friendly he is to everyone he comes across, his nature and of course that cheeky smile of his.

Also, partially a compliment to me but hey you can't get enough of those, people stop us and ask about training. We walk either on a flat buckle collar and regular lead or off lead. I live in a quiet residential area in Scotland so it's very quiet and I can walk him off lead if i choose. Often cyclist pass by and say 'Your doing a grand job with your dog' or something like that. People at the park will approach us, I'll put Buster in a down stay and meet them half way, they flabbergasted that buster is still laying down behind us.

Being a Dog Walker, Buster comes to work with me when he can and my clients are always amazed by him. How responsive he is to me, well behaved, friendly etc I think that helps me gain more clients. I often get told 'he is a complete credit to you' :)

Being complimented on my dog is by far the best I could ever be paid.

· Registered
2,661 Posts
Riley's the only sheltie in my area so he gets lots of compliments. The most common one is that he's very "pretty" :p One time a woman asked to take a photo of him and another time a man took video of him playing in the water at the beach.

The funniest compliment he's gotten was from a little girl. My friend and I were walking our dogs (her dog is a mini schnauzer) together and this little girl tells her friend "I like the fat one!", meaning Riley because of his fluff.

· Registered
2,623 Posts
Gamestop service guy: aww~ sweetie! you're so tiny! You are the cutest! Yes, I love you too! wanna come home with me? *ignores me and cuddles my dog*

came out he has a purebed 60 kg Carne Corso at home...in comparison to such a dog, my 40 kg DC mix is pretty small and he's pretty thin that the moment.
No dogs were abducted.

Pizza delivery service woman: *halting in the middle of the street, making the people behind her brake*
"you are the coolest dog I've seen today!" *drives away*
O_O"

generally I get more complements from people that own dogs and men than woman.

· Registered
2,881 Posts
Well the agility instructer said that we weren´t the worst students ever, so we got that going for us which is nice...

· Registered
1,653 Posts
I get a lot of compliments on how well trained my dog is, partial because I have to always manage her under threshold - therefore we've done A LOT of training lol. I also get a lot of: "Oh look at her beautiful coat, so shiny", "She's so fit" (she is 30 kg, I want her at 28kg but she does look good), and "She has perfect teeth" that one comes from the vet we see at the clinic I work at :)

· Registered
21 Posts
When I had Fina the compliments were typically along the lines of "beautiful dog", "such a lovely girl", "so well behaved" in the town. She adored children and they absolutely adored this fluffy goofy white collie. I oftentimes took her travelling with me - even to Europe - so we got variations of those comments for years. To my parents' farming neighbors she was oftentimes called "Miss. Houdini" because she was one heck of an escape artist

Pascal, who is my pseudo dog right now [he's actually my parents giant suck of a Dane/Cane Corso], the most common compliment is "look at that big boy" or "look at that monster" - that's the old woman that tends the gas station, she always says it smiling so I take it as a compliment seeing as he is slightly smaller than a Dane but has a Corso's slightly heavier build. The younger kids call him "Mr. Bean", because he is just as dopey ... this big brute wouldn't hurt a fly as the saying goes.

· Registered
32 Posts
As much as I love the "Oh he is so cute!" compliments, as a new Pup-Mom I love the comments on his behavior. To be perfectly honest most of it is him and not me training him (I want to take the credit, but he is just a sweetheart). Tux is absolutely brilliant with kids and the trails we walk are by a park, so he interacts with them a bunch. The moms are always weary (understandably) when they see a little puppy (Tux is 5 months and weighs 10lbs, so not threatening, but he is still a pup) but he just sits there with his tail wagging and waits to be loved on.

One time a toddler (to the mother's horror) just full on grabbed Tux's ears. The mom screeched and pulled the kid away, meanwhile Tux is just staring at her like... lady you crazy- we cool. And as if to prove his point, Tux walked right up to the kid and kissed his hand. Needless to say he got ALLLLLLL the cookies that day ;)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.