Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe my search failed me, but post any recent compliments someone gave you about your dog(s).

I MTB with my dog very often (particularly when temp is below 70), and now is my prime season to ride with him since temps are dropping. He's a nearly 5 year old Black Lab.

I'm bombing down a local trail, hustling through a rock garden, up a few ledges and through a tight wooded section. I'm on mile 9 or so, freshly warmed up and feeling fantastic. Jack is running behind the bike, as usual. No leash or other attachments.

Approaching a group of hikers, I give them an advance notice that I'm coming up. I pass them and as I said "thanks", one of the people says "beautiful Lab and he's in perfect shape!".

I waved a quick acknowledgement and thanks, and hit the next section with a broad smile.

PS. My longest ride with Jack was just over 20 miles. This was earlier this year on a cool 60 degree day with lots of swimming during the session.

·
Super Moderator
3,750 Posts
Every morning, I walk my sweet Miles in the small park across the street from my house, and every morning, as we are walking around the park, we pass a wonderful older Persian gentleman who greets us with, "Good morning. How are you? Pretty puppy; pretty, pretty puppy."

A few months ago, it was drizzling one morning, which rarely happens here, and we passed by two different groups. Each group commented on what a "happy" dog he is. I get "happy" all of the time. He just looks like a friendly, living teddy bear. Small children love him. I love him. :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Oscar often gets compliments, I have had people stop their cars and ask me about him. We were walking today around the neighborhood and a guy on a bike was pulling into his driveway and said, "What a beautiful looking boy." Thankfully he doesn't get a swollen head!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was talking to a shelter worker and she told me "He looks healthy and he has very white teeth."

That is the only strange one that I got that is out of norm. I often hear "nice shiny coat!", "He's a good boy!", and of course everyone hears the "awww he/she is sooo cute"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Riloue is only about 6 months old, but he seems to be a dog that appeals to men a lot. I've been told "he's a cracker" and "what a solid dog" (that was supposed to be a compliment)
A lot of people say he is plain cute, but Ive also been told he looks feroucious ... (really...?)
Many people also comment on how calm he is (for a puppy), which I see as a compliment.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Not many people get to see Jaya, unless she goes to the vet. I don't take her out much, as I'm afraid if she ever got loose, she would still be difficult to catch. But at the vet's I've had other customers the tell me she was a 'strikingly good looking dog' and another person said 'they loved the way her eyebrows bounced up and down' as she looked about the place. She does have expressive eyes.

HaHa...he gets out more and I'm constantly getting remarks on how gorgeous he is...and trim for a Golden Retriever (guess they are use to seeing fat Goldens). He usually has a stuffed toy in his mouth too, so he's also 'adorable', 'funny', 'cute' 'sweet', and when people find out his name they think it's a perfect match with his goofy actions and funny facial features.

Stormy

Reactions: Aspen726

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
I usually get "He's such a cute dog!".

Those who manage to make friends with him also say that he has such a great personality.

Reactions: Aspen726

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ella always gets compliments about how beautiful she is (rightly so ofc :D)

The oddest - One of my older relatives at my grandmother`s birthday said "Oh Ella you look like some Chechen princess" .. she has a very pretty/feminine face and she has this special look when you pet her and she`s enjoying it .. her eyes look a bit mongoloid then as she looks down and bats her eyelashes at you.. it looks almost like she`s flirting, haha.

People gush a lot about her looks.

We have also had comments about how well behaved and friendly she is when we`re out at crowded places like in downtown or cafes.

People also are always surprised when they touch her fur. She has the silkiest fur I have ever touched. It doesn`t look that silky but it`s very very soft and silky to the touch. I have had people petting her and say to their friends "ohhh come touch her fur, it`s so soft".
My stepfather always asks houseguests` to touch her fur because "you wont believe how soft it is".
I thought it was puppy-fur and she would lose it as she grows but nope, still here.

I`ve had people also comment on how short her nails are (you can`t almost see them) and it makes me happy because I know that it means she gets enough exercise (we`ve never needed to cut them).

People also comment about her tail - it`s very big and fluffy/bushy. My mom once said that "Her gorgeous tail makes up for all that naughtiness" :D

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Dexter and Leggs get a lot of ''he's so smart'' and ''what is he? He's so cute!"
Dexter has gotten comments about looking like a stuffed animal. Leggs gets comments on his ears and a lot of ''He's such a good puppy!'' when they find out how old he is.

Pearl and Penny used to get lots of ''so pretty!" and ''such nice/sweet girls" but now get stuff about how they are cute even with just one eye. :p

LeRoy gets ''cute'' comments and if he actually makes friends they always comment on how silly he is. He is just a clown when comfy.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
"you're dog is stupid. I like that. We must be soulmates!", comment of one regulars in our local Irish Pub.
:I

Reactions: kelly528

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I don't like compliments. I don't like talking to strangers and they're usually followed by said stranger trying to pet my dog even though I told them she bites. I know she's cute, but that doesn't mean she wants to be your friend.

The exception is when I bring Mia hiking and people ask "How old is your puppy?" and I say "11" and they say "11 months?"

·
Registered
547 Posts
Brindle is a relatively common color, but fawn brindle is less so in my area.
Her white markings and patches of silver brindle get a lot of attention.

People often say "I've never seen a dog that looks like her" ... "she is so beautiful" ... "her face is so unusual"

I get a lot of "what is she" questions.

I especially enjoy when people say "she is so friendly" because I've worked very hard to teach my girl to be accepting of people in passing. When she was a puppy I knew she'd be big, and the last thing anyone wants is a big mean dog... well, anyone with any sense. She is 57.5 pounds at 10 months, so still some growing to go. I imagine that by age two she'll be close to 70 pounds.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A lot of people compliment on Teddy's hair! I've been letting it grow out which is such a hassle lol. Everyone who meets him says he's such a happy boy, who has the softest prettiest hair.

·
Banned
66 Posts
The vet's assistant gives a compliment every so often. But then that is her job. She did put a muzzle on one of them when she was doing a blood test.

Have never received any other compliments on the two boys (except from family). Maybe it's their barking and growling that turns people off:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Asha is apparently very likeable. Also her one ear up one ear down thing is very cute to people, even if she only has that because she broke the cartilage in one ear being silly on a tiled floor.

Also people remark on how much they like her brindle colouring, which is funny because when we got her from the shelter the volunteers were surprised she was getting adopted so quickly as she had only been at that location 1 day, where as their last brindle dog sat there for months.

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
531 Posts
Person is petting my dog, ohh-ing and awww-ing over how soft, beautiful and well behaved they are. Cue the question of what breed they are - Rottweilers.

*Startled* "but they are sooooo friendly and well mannered".

I'm taking that as a compliment! ;)

Then my favorite ones are people that have admitted that they are scared of Rottweilers but my boys have changed their opinion of the breed. :)

Other than that - Shadow is the goofiest dog around and people are constantly saying what a happy, care free soul he is. He is just so pleasant to be around.

Brutus is a lapdog - people kind of snicker when there is a 100 lb Rottweiler trying to crawl in my lap "without me noticing". But they always say how sweet he is and how friendly.

Both have been called gorgeous as well. :D

Reactions: purplesully
1 - 20 of 27 Posts