Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry Facebook friends, you get to see it twice!)

So we had our first rally trial today, and Levi did really well! Our runs were definitely not as smooth as in practice (to be expected) and almost all of our points lost were due to forging ahead during heeling, which is what we're working on, so I'm sure that our next trial (in October!) will go much better.

In the end, we ended up with scores of 187, 187, and 190. We ended up with two first place ribbons, one second place ribbon, and our Rally Novice Title! I can't wait to keep moving on!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Oh! This is what I was looking forward to! The Videos!

Congrats! I knew you guys would go out there and rock it! And I love the ribbons! So pretty! You're wall is going to be filled soon!

First off, did you mean to match him with the blue and gray? Lol.

You can tell he was more distracted then he was during practice. I've seen his heels a lot closer, but he did wonderful for being in the new environment. I don't know the tests very well but you seemed to do really great with refocusing him and keeping him in line. I give you major props, I totally would have gotten flustered.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Lucille - Thank you!

Oh! This is what I was looking forward to! The Videos!

Congrats! I knew you guys would go out there and rock it! And I love the ribbons! So pretty! You're wall is going to be filled soon!

First off, did you mean to match him with the blue and gray? Lol.

You can tell he was more distracted then he was during practice. I've seen his heels a lot closer, but he did wonderful for being in the new environment. I don't know the tests very well but you seemed to do really great with refocusing him and keeping him in line. I give you major props, I totally would have gotten flustered.
Ahhh thank you! The gray/blue was definitely an accident. :p I was actually a little bit flustered after that first run, just because I didn't expect quite so much forging ahead out of heel, but I got over it pretty quickly.

There was a husky right before us, that had a total meltdown. He was very much into playing, sniffing, and howling, did not care at all about the rally. :p

We'll continue to work on heeling and hopefully stop losing so many points there. :)
@Aspen726 - Haha thanks! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
@Shandula, really though, for your first trial y'all looked amazing. Total meltdowns are what's expected from first trials. Not 3 Q's, 2 1sts and 1 2nd. Lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts