Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Stormy!
I know it's so hard to say. It's so bizarre. She isn't itchy at all and I gave her Benedryl to see if the swelling would go down, but it didn't make them go away. When my husband and I were brushing her, we were looking through her fur and skin to see if these were swollen bumps due to insect bites, but there's no actual bite there. It's like the skin is just swollen and the hair is raised and swollen. She does like to roll on the ground at the park.. (Usually somewhere a dog pooped or peed or where there's a dead animal.. GROSS I know!) There might've been mosquitos at the park, but I couldn't imagine them causing THAT many bumps, plus I'm sure she'd be itchy like crazy. If they're still bumpy in the morning, we're going to give Benedryl one more time and then head to the vet if it isn't better. Here's a picture of her now after the Benedryl. It's helped a little... But still there. Thank you for your input! It's much appreciated.

hi! Im. Having exactly the same problem with my dog. Does anyone know how fast Benadryl should work? Bumps are smaller but they are still there even after Benadryl (2x/day for 2 days now :( )

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.