Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another day of taking the dogs outside just to do their business and not play. I'm not opposed to playing in the rain but the yard is soggy and muddy and slippery, and there is a flash flood warning. So I have two enormous donut dog beds (those are just daybeds, they each have beds in their crates as well) and placed them in opposite corners of a small room, maybe 16 feet from the inside of one corner to another. They have been entertaining themselves by running back and forth with a couple of rope toys.
Continuing rain forecast until early next week, so I'm glad they are playing instead of stir crazy and destructive.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
"there's no bad weather, just the wrong clothing choice". :D
if it's raining I'll put on my rubber boots and my rain coat and we'll still have our daily walk.
afterward we're totally soaked to the bones, and after toweling, I have a cup of hot tea and we cuddle. :3

Sancho hates rain, but I force him out anyway...he needs the daily exercise.

Reactions: srelizabeth

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
there's no bad weather.
Walking on a rainy day is fine. But my present weather is out of the ordinary, and in the recent bad weather people here in Texas have died. Parts of my county have mandatory evacuations. I think that if one has any misgivings about safety, one should be very careful and maybe forgo the walk. In my case, I am a senior and trying to avoid the slippery yard and roads for my sake and the dogs sakes also.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/03/us/texas-floods/index.html

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's been rainy and stormy here, nothing like Texas though so I'm glad you're safe! I have a long hallway in my house where I can throw a ball and have them chase. Tiring games of tug of war help. My favorite indoor activity is hiding dog toys and having Brody search for them. He loves it, unfortunately Riley doesn't know how to play that game lol. Teach your dog a new trick to work their mental stimulation?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was thinking about this a few days ago. Our winters get really, really cold, and I'm wondering what I'll do with Finnegan on those days when frostbite happens within minutes. I wish indoor dog parks were a thing. There's an indoor playground for kids near me, why not one for dogs? I know there are agility classes and such but I'm thinking just somewhere casual to go for free play and running around when the weather outside is horrible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts