Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I found out that he got very sick to the point where he immediately had to be put down. I wasn't even their sense he is more of my Parents dog. I used to live with him though,and still would visit him all the time.
I helped choose him,and he was gotten from some family that had to get rid of him. He had a couple owners and was thought to be a stray at some point.
He was very good with people and children,a bit territorial and dominant also. He was the most food crazed dog. He could do a little cart pulling and agilty.
He loved wading in the water,and harassing the geese and ducks. He also loved rolling around in the snow and catching snow balls. He would tease and rough house with Tanner,once she was gone and he was older he was the one who got picked on by Raggy.
He had a very stable temperament and never really seemed afraid of anything,he was also a very stubborn,strong willed but tolerant dog.

He was going down hill in the past year he had arthritis and possible hip dysplasia. He could no longer get up stairs,and even walking and standing for too long was hard on him. He still seemed happy though,still food and attention motivated. It seemed a little sudden sense I just saw him two days ago and though he was fine,but I knew this was coming. Sometimes he would have a bad day but get over it,but I knew that soon he would not be able to recover. His bad day would hit him too hard,and I don't believe in letting a dog suffer. If they cannot get any happiness out of life,then it is meaningless.
I will miss him,and It will seem very strange going to their house without him around.
I wish I could have said goodbye!

Mercury-Newfoundland mix
?/2000-3/5/2013

Attachments

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot,Losses are never easy. I still feel a bit in denial.
It took awhile for to get out of the depression from losing my first dog to kidney failure. Having and loving the animal over all is still worth it though.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, it's so hard when you think they go so suddenly. He was a handsome boy, and sounds like a joy to be around.

Reactions: Foresthound

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It hurts like all get out. Time does help heal but you will never forget the love you both held for each other.
I cry for all that have lost their best fur friends.
Hugs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts