Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is obvious, but this forum is technically a,little different from others I use. I should add I am using a Samsung and a Kindle Fire mainly.

So, to quote just part of a post I can highlight the text, click on the floating 'quote' button and see the message 'message added to multi-quote'. But in my reply, I expect to see 'insert quotes' - but no. I can click on the quote ” ” button and that opens (QUOTE)(QUOTE) with square brackets but I've used normal ones so as not to mess the formatting up; but I have to copy and paste the text into there and it doesn't name the original poster.

What am I missing? TIA.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I don't bother with the multiquote functionality. If I want to respond to separate sections with separate quotes I use "reply", organize the sections manually and add the [ quote] and [\ quote] tags manually.

·
Administrator
1,182 Posts
When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

The reply option alternatively lets you reply to the one post at a time as mentioned.

Hope that clarifies.

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @Yungster , really great reply. I don't think I see the ”insert quotes” option (on my phone) but will have another look. Thanks for taking the time do do the detailed response.

·
Administrator
1,182 Posts
On phones, since screen space is a limited commodity, it may be under a menu usually indicated by 3 dots :)

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just tried to quote part of your text and have the three little dots at the foot of my message, which opens a little menu including ”quote” but that just gives me the (QUOTE][/QUOTE) option - I'd still have to copy and paste the text between them.

Screenshot_20200115-172620_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts