Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Texas and my neighbors got a small terrier about a month and half ago and now just got a pit mix. Now my dogs are extremely spoiled so maybe this isn't as bad as I think it is but I wanted to get some opinions on this situation and maybe some info on the laws about this. The two dogs are completely outside animals, I have never seen them go inside and the only shelter that they have is the cover to there open back porch and a small bowel of water and a small bowl of food. Now we just had a hurricane hit and they left them out there the whole time with only a tarp to cover one side of the porch. The small terrier got out twice and the first time I gave him a bath and took the ticks off him and gave him some food and water and unfortunately had to give him back. This has been driving me up a wall and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this and what could be done.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Basically the laws here in TX, for the country I live in, are like the laws everywhere else. So long as the dogs have adequate food, water, shelter, is not being kept in filthy conditions, and are not being neglected medically, then the law says that the owner is not doing anything wrong.

You may have a leg to stand on with the shelter. If I'm correct, they must have some type of shelter that will protect them from wind, rain, heat and cold. (shade from the heat, shelter from the cold). Check with your county's animal laws.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts