Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I have some questions regarding feeding THK. I sent them to the email address on the website but is this a better place to ask? @honestkitchen
Hi Aspen! I'm happy to answer any questions for you but the gals on our customer service team through our website are great. They should get back to you within a day. But let me know what your questions are! :)

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Aspen! I'm happy to answer any questions for you but the gals on our customer service team through our website are great. They should get back to you within a day. But let me know what your questions are! :)
Ok, great :)

I have a year and a half old lab x border collie who I currently feed Wellness CORE. I free feed because she never overindulges, but also isn't hungry on a set schedule. She's been on Wellness since I adopted her at 12 weeks old. Lately, she seems to be having some trouble pooping. She completely up to date on vaccines and has clean fecals from the vet. I'm thinking I should change her food.

Okay, that's the background haha... I love your company. I think your dog food is top notch. I'm just not sure how the feeding works. Do I feed this in addition to kibble or is one packet a whole meal? If it's a meal, how many packets would I feed per day? I don't want her to be hungry :( She's active and has a skinny border collie build.

I do bring THK with me when we go camping and hiking but, again, I'm just unsure of how to feed it as the only (or main) source of nutrition.

I hope this makes sense haha

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Ok, great :)

I have a year and a half old lab x border collie who I currently feed Wellness CORE. I free feed because she never overindulges, but also isn't hungry on a set schedule. She's been on Wellness since I adopted her at 12 weeks old. Lately, she seems to be having some trouble pooping. She completely up to date on vaccines and has clean fecals from the vet. I'm thinking I should change her food.

Okay, that's the background haha... I love your company. I think your dog food is top notch. I'm just not sure how the feeding works. Do I feed this in addition to kibble or is one packet a whole meal? If it's a meal, how many packets would I feed per day? I don't want her to be hungry :( She's active and has a skinny border collie build.

I do bring THK with me when we go camping and hiking but, again, I'm just unsure of how to feed it as the only (or main) source of nutrition.

I hope this makes sense haha
No problem! If you want to feed The Honest Kitchen for full meals, you will probably want to get full 10 lb box and not the sample packets. A 10 lb box includes 40 cups of food so should last an average 30 lb dog around 20-30 days.

Some people will add Honest Kitchen on top of kibble but many people just serve it on its own as it is complete and balanced. I serve it solely as my boxer's diet and will occasionally add some meat or veggies in but usually just serve it alone.

As far as how to make the food, you just add water, wait 3 min and serve! That's it! Here is a helpful video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXDjsJcj3dM

You can also check out our Help Center with lots of great info: Help Center

Let me know if that helps or you have other questions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts