Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! It's been so long since I've been on here, but Theo has been so well-behaved...I haven't needed as much advice :D Guess he's finally an adult.

This weekend, I encountered a dog who looked JUST LIKE HIM, but less shaggy, more "poofy". I asked the dog owner what kind of breed the dog was, and he said "Icelandic sheepdog". I started googling some images....and wow, does Theo look like this breed! He's not as "hearty" or muscular, but the curly tail, the pointy ears, the snout, his "stance"/back legs....is it possible??? I guess anything is possible, but this is just so weird!

First pic (the tri color) is a picture from google, second and third pics are Theo, last pic is a sneaky picture I took of the dog in question to send to my husband. I wish I had some better profile pictures of Theo, because if he were tri-colored, from the side he would really look like that first picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Considering how uncommon Icelandic Sheepdogs are here in the States, I doubt that's what he is. Chances are he's a Border Collie mix. And a very cute one at that.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The person could be just calling his dog an Icelandic sheepdog as it does not really look like the picture you posted of one. His also looks like a Border Collie cross.

·
Registered
156 Posts
He reminds me of a Border Collie and Australian Cattle dog mix.

Here's one of that mix from google images.
(not my dog, not my picture)
m g.jpg

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Icelandic sheepdogs are really uncommon in the US, there's just a few breeders. One of my friends has a tricolor and she's a doll.

I think your boy looks like a border collie (mix?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts