Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any one knows how this works. I was in a trial this weekend and ran against another girl who got the same time down to the thousandth of a second, same level, same jump height and neither of us had any faults. They placed me first and her second. How did they decide that?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I don't know how CPE works their ties. Most venues have "run offs." A run off is where the two teams meet at the end of the class and run the course again. They are running JUST for time. The fastest team to do the obstacles in the right order wins the run off.

What may have happened is the person you were up against told the trial secretary she didn't care to run off. I have done this before. I'm tired. My dog is tired. I don't care squat whether I come in first or not (after 2,000 ribbons, it doesn't matter). I do care about the Q. So I usually just say "no" and the other person gets the better ribbon. I will do run offs on occasion just for fun if my dog and I are up to another run. :D

However as I don't do CPE, I suggest asking someone at your next CPE trial about that venue's specific rules. I am sorry to be replying so late to this thread. I haven't been on much lately. :)

Reactions: jclark343
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.