Looking for anyone who has had experience with a dog on Baytril (Enrofloxacin). The tablets are chewable tasty tabs but my very picky dog absolutely refuses to chew them. Should I crush them before giving them to him or just make him swallow them whole? He's on them for 6 weeks for a very bad prostate infection and UTI and it's been a nightmare trying to give them to him every day. They also make him so nauseous. He throws up every day. Usually it's just liquid and is more of a regurgitation but today he's heaving and throwing up food. That's one of the side effects of this drug unfortunately. I hate the idea that he has to go through this for 4 more weeks. Does a chewable tablet take more time to break down in his stomach if swallowed whole? onder: Thanks for any advice. I've looked it up online but can't really find any info about crushing vs swallowing whole.