Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrenees Mix Pup - Thoughts on what other breeds she looks like?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BellaScarlett 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All! I just adopted a puppy with little history. She was given to a local shelter from a man who says her mother is full breed great pyrenees and he said she was born on 1/14/16. I can definitely see the pyrenees in her thick, fluffy coat and coloring but her face seems a little narrow compared other pyrenees pup pictures. I've look at several other pup pics and none seem to have this narrow face. Any ideas what other breeds she might have?

I attached 3 pics of her.

I'm tempted to do a mixed breed DNA test but they are $70. Any thoughts on those?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Timber! Thanks for the reply. She is about 6 pounds and estimated to be 8 weeks old, so about half the size of what a full breed Pyrenees would be. She came with a litter of puppies whose mom was heeler. The guy who brought her to shelter brought 10 pups total from 2 different litters, said they were all born on 1/14/16. Seems a little hard to believe two dogs delivered the same day on his farm, but certainly possible! So I am wondering if she is actually a little less than 8 weeks old. I am taking her to the vet this week so maybe they can tell.

#5 ·
I just googled Pyrenees and golden retriever mix puppies and the images look just like her! I don't think it's a true 50/50 purebred split , there's likely some other goodness mixed in there but this is the closest match picture wise that I've stumbled across. Thanks for the thoughts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.