Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I posted a long time ago regarding the breed of my dog. Before this thread, I thought I had a JRT mix, despite the fact his temperament is far different. After people said Rat Terrier mix, I researched it, and personality is about spot on. Because people have said mix, I've often wondered what he is mixed with because when I compare him to other dogs he really only looks Rattie to me, but he was not derived from a breeder. We actually found him in a free puppy box at the grocery store, so being a mutt is the most possible answer, but I am itching to know what it is! Here are some pictures of Pinto.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
He does look like he has some rattie in him. I would maybe guess, rat terrier x chihuahua x jack Russell and maybe a little bit of dachshund. Hopefully some one else will be able to give you a better guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He does look like he has some rattie in him. I would maybe guess, rat terrier x chihuahua x jack Russell and maybe a little bit of dachshund. Hopefully some one else will be able to give you a better guess.
I can't really see Chihuahua I think his ears are just from the rat terrier in him, but I definitely see that little bit of dachshund because I've found he is very short. I'd also like to mention that he RARELY barks. When the other dogs are barking out the window he runs into my room and sits on my lap almost like he's confused why they are barking. Not sure where he could have gotten this from. Greyhound maybe? He does have that protruding chest.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I was thinking a touch of Chihuahua in the face, since his muzzle and head seems a little on the shorter side compared to ratties or dacshund's. But maybe that's just me. I don't know if I really see any grayhound (most likely Italian or whippet if any given his size) but who knows.

Either way he is very cute :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts