Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with purchasing heartworm/tick preventatives outside of the US in which you also don't need scripts? I have found these two sites: Petshed and pets-megastore.com.au

I've found this from Petshed which is a generic of heartguard http://www.petshed.com/item/generic-...-plus-for-dogs and had very good reviews

And for tick prevention I found the same product I use now Simparica but on https://www.pets-megastore.com.au/si...arch=simparica it's practically half the price and you get 2 free chews so really an 8 pack vs 6 pack - I've read a lot of good feedback from people purchasing from their site.

They are obviously more cost effective so wanted to get any feedback. As long as they are just as effective/safe I don't mind purchasing from them to save some money...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have used Pets Megastore for Revolution in the past, and nothing bad happened.

But is it really worth the risk? The product may or may not be counterfeit. (And folks at the emergency clinics have seen bad cases of this!) It have have been stored or shipped incorrectly. You have no guarantee from the company! For instance, if your pet gets heartworm, but has been on heargard, the company will pay for treatment. If all your pets are on Frontline for a certain amount of time but still have fleas, they send flea busters out to your house. You get none of this support when buying from cheap oversees companies.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I wouldn't take the chance. IMO saving a few dollars is not worth increasing any risk where our dog is concerned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been using canadapetcare.com since last 4-5 yrs for my dogs and cats. Usually, I ordered bravecto for flea and ticks and Heartgard plus for heartworm disease. Last summer my dog was infected by fleas and ticks so, I ordered bravecto at very cheap price at discount price with free shipping. I highly recommend this online pet store, their customer service is quite impressive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts