(Now)

Just got him wendsday 8/5
When i got him he looked like he wasnt being fed well

(First days)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Your pics are huge... Minpin? Manchester?

Take that flea collar off for one thing...

Looks like patchy hair loss?

What else is wrong?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doberman
And those patches is his skin where he had dry blood and maybe pee
After i bathed him whatever didnt come off i slowly peeled it wth alcohol

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Your puppy does not look well......his belly is swollen like he has a massive load of worms and the bald patches look like he has demodex( which can be caused by malnutrition)..........he desperately needs to go to the Vet!! Please please PLEASE take him to a Vet......sell something, borrow the money, but get him to a Vet!! Poor puppy! Good luck...........

Reactions: cookieface

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Your puppy does not look well......his belly is swollen like he has a massive load of worms and the bald patches look like he has demodex( which can be caused by malnutrition)..........he desperately needs to go to the Vet!! Please please PLEASE take him to a Vet......sell something, borrow the money, but get him to a Vet!! Poor puppy! Good luck...........
He needs to see a vet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
He looks like he has worms (swollen belly), mange (skin patches) and is likely shaking his head because he has eat mites. He needs a vet ASAP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Either take him to a vet or rehome him to someone who can.
Not going to rehome him when i just got him
The owners said that they dewormed him but to just do it again
I just gave him food right now with a deworm pill mix. Lets see how this goes. Will continue to update

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
If there's no fleas, lose the flea collar, many of those contain chemicals that can create issues in the animal. Give the dog a bath to get rid of the chemicals.

What else is going on with the dog?

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you cannot afford to take him to a vet, please contact the local ASPCA or equivalent in your area. They will often times allow you to bring the animal in there for treatment and pay on a sliding scale or they will allow you to make payments. Their main focus is on the health of animals and not on money as they receive donations that allow them to operate. Please do not allow this animal to suffer because of funds.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
No. I dont have money for a vet right now :(

Why would you get a puppy if you don't have money for it's most basic care? Owning a dog is expensive! Everyone knows you should bring the dog to a vet when you first get it, even if your pup was in good condition it's still going to need it's shots. Very irresponsible...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why would you get a puppy if you don't have money for it's most basic care? Owning a dog is expensive! Everyone knows you should bring the dog to a vet when you first get it, even if your pup was in good condition it's still going to need it's shots. Very irresponsible...
Sorry. Its my first dog.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What city are you in? Would you at least allow us to try and find someplace affordable for you to take the dog to see a vet?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I agree he needs to be seen and treated by a Vet, probably sooner rather than later. In addition to all the possible things wrong, already mentioned, that frequent head shaking could be an ear infection, on top of all the other things that may be wrong with him. Check with your local shelter, to see what they may offer for Vet care. Some offer some very cost reduced and effective programs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts