Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 7 month old lab/husky mix and he tends to jump on and put his 2 fron paws on the bed in the morning or even during the day while im trying to rest. i dont want this bcoming a habbit because i prefer my dog to leave my bed alone and not be on it. i try pushing him off, but i guess it becomes a game for him because he only gets my jumpy and then even jump and with more force. i try just saying NO firmly and he jumps off but comes back when i lie back down. when i get up and stand my ground he runs away but comes back. does anyone have any idea of any tricks i can use. im sure its just somhing i havent thought of. btw i also try just rolling to the other side of the bed. then he follows i then roll to the other side again. it get anoying whne im trying to sleep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks. but i have a question i do show athority to my dog he seems very aware that im the boss he does know his basics such s sit stay dwn. but he doesnt alwas lsiten to me. how could i make myself more serious to him. i do use a serious tone and i dont let him "win" or have control of most situations. i do live in my basement and keep him down here with me. on many occasion i let him come upstairs while im up there. but there are time when he runs up by himself and when i try to go get him he runs away. what can i do to maake myself more assertive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.