Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help I have a 9 month old poodle she has been so good to go to the puppy pad until last Friday she had a uti and she yelped when she wet on her pad so now she will not go to the puppy pads at all the vet gave her medicine and she is feeling better but what am I going to do to get back in her routine any help at all thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
What's wrong with taking her outside? o_O

·
Registered
109 Posts
At 9 months old should your dog really still be depending on the pads? My 4 month old Pug almost never uses the pads. As of a few weeks ago. Maybe 1 sheet in a few weeks. In the beginning, when he got used to using the pads, he would use up to 3 a day. I thought GREAT at least there's been no more mistakes on the floor (had even peed on the floor next to the sheet HEH).

Now, he prefers to be taken outside. Will come get me if I'm in my office or sit in front of my front door. Clear signals he wants to be taken outside then (I take my dog outside 4x a day regularly).

No crate. Roams my condo unit freely all day and night. Do you not take him outside much? Or, is this for when you leave him home alone? But since he just had a UTI I'm sure he's still sore. Give the antibiotics some time. He should be back to using the pads. Or asking to be taken outside when you don't get him to take him outside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts