Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So I'm about to start Mia on raw, last night I skipped her kibble dinner and just gave her a raw chicken foot (frozen). Her last kibble meal was at noon. Unfortunately even with it frozen, she basically did a chomp-chomp-chomp-gulp.

2-3 hours after I gave her the chicken foot, she vomited (around 10pm) It was brown and goopy and had bits of grass in it (was was eating a bit of grass earlier at the park).

Then this morning at 4am she threw up again, this time with chunks of chicken bone. Probably about 1/2 inch big.

30 mins later she threw up again but it was just white foam.

I offered her some water but she didn't drink. She's sleeping on my lap right now.

Not sure what to think right now. Should I be concerned? Or is her stomach just not used to that chicken foot? She's had a turkey neck before and didn't have a problem.

There has been no diarrhea so far, no coughing, hacking or sneezing (I'm trying to rule out parvo and kennel cough symptoms).

Her first meal is usually at 630/7am. Should I skip the first raw meal this morning?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get some unsalted chicken broth/fat free and add to water so she won't get dehydrated. They will usually drink that when water doesn't appeal to them.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get some unsalted chicken broth/fat free and add to water so she won't get dehydrated. They will usually drink that when water doesn't appeal to them.
Good Luck!
Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Update: she just has a poo and it was normal. Energy levels are okay still. Im not sure if I should feed her this morning yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts