Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 month old Westie and he just got his third round of shots yesterday (about 7pm). He has never had an adverse reaction previously, but this morning he threw up some of his food right after he ate. Now he is with me, pretty sleepy. Normal behavior? or cause for concern? Thanks

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Warrants watching him. If he is not back to normal in 24 hours or so, I would suggest having a Vet check him out.

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gave him lunch today, which he ate without a problem. He has been sleeping but also playing. I'll keep watching him but fingers crossed he is fine now. I will alert the vet so she is aware for next time.

·
Registered
368 Posts
very unlikely vomiting a whole day after vaccines is cause and effect... very likely unrelated problem. Vomiting is unusual after vaccines, but when it happens because of the vaccine, usually happens within a half hour, and is of some concern for future vaccine reactions.

·
Registered
615 Posts
very unlikely vomiting a whole day after vaccines is cause and effect... very likely unrelated problem. Vomiting is unusual after vaccines, but when it happens because of the vaccine, usually happens within a half hour, and is of some concern for future vaccine reactions.
I agree, it is very uncommon that a vaccine would cause vomiting, especially a day later. Any side effects to vaccines are within half an hour.
Chances are he ate his food too fast and brought it back up.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I agree, it is very uncommon that a vaccine would cause vomiting, especially a day later. Any side effects to vaccines are within half an hour.
Chances are he ate his food too fast and brought it back up.
This is completely incorrect information, adverse vaccine effects can and do happen hours, days, weeks or even years after vaccination. I guess you are just considering anaphylactic shock which is just one of many injuries that can be caused by vaccination. If you had read my links above, you would have seen a list of just some of them.

Encephalopathy, of which vomiting and excessive sleepiness are symptoms, will more than likely not be apparent half and hour after vaccination.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have been a vet nurse foe 10 years now and I am yet to see a reaction such as vomiting after a vaccine so Im basing my coments on what I have seen or rather not seen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts