Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. We are looking to adopt a puppy and just saw a German Shepard/Lab mix at a shelter today. We will be first-time dog owners so we want to make sure we investigate everything before jumping in, but I must admit that we have already taken a huge liking to this puppy.

My wife and I went to see the puppy at different times and we both noticed that the puppy was trembling a little bit. When we asked the volunteers at the shelter, they said it was just than the puppy had been through (moved from high-kill out of state shelter and surrounded by a lot of dogs in this shelter) a lot and recently had surgery to neuter. I'm just curious if this is something that I should be concerned about or if it's pretty normal for puppies. The puppy is about 7-8 weeks old.

Are there other things we should watch out for? Thanks, in advance, for your help in guiding a newbie.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm sure the puppy was just scared and stressed out, it's not unusual for puppies to tremble a bit in a situation like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
it's just a baby and has gone through a traumatic experience!! imagine how scared you'd be... once you take him home and love him, he'll get over that trauma in no time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts