Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
So my dad was was playing with our 5 month German Shepheard and she bit his shoe out of excitement. Unfortunately one of her k9 fang tooth came out. I'm a little worried because I don't know if that was a milk tooth or a permanent tooth.
Please see attachments for reference. FYI there is two teeth in the bag. One is her back molars and the one from today is the long one her fang canine tooth.

Attachments

Registered
Just went through puppy teething and size comparison of k9 to molars looks like puppy teeth to me as well. Timeline matches up with puppy teeth.

Registered
Plz keep an eye on the adult tooth coming in along side of the puppy tooth.
The adult tooth should push the puppy tooth out, but I had one pup where it didn't and had to have a vet remove The baby tooth had turned a grayish brown (it was a dead tooth) and it needed to be removed.

Registered
Plz keep an eye on the adult tooth coming in along side of the puppy tooth.
The adult tooth should push the puppy tooth out, but I had one pup where it didn't and had to have a vet remove The baby tooth had turned a grayish brown (it was a dead tooth) and it needed to be removed.
Good call, my pup still has a lower puppy k9 that will have to be surgically removed if it doesn't fall out on its own by 3 weeks or so (neuter app).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts