Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 5 month old border collie x kelpie to a friends place, and he found a bone in her garden. I tried to take it from him, but he swallowed it too quickly.
I'm not sure if it was sharp or not, but it wasn't very big.

It happened on Thursday night, and it's now Sunday and I haven't noticed any problems. I haven't monitored all of his poos because we've been at our families property this weekend, but I have seen him pooing without any discomfort or diarrhea. He's been running around for two days with family friends dogs, eating, drinking, sleeping and weeing/pooing with no problem.I just took him out for a drink and a wee, and he didn't seem to have any problems.

How long should I wait until I know there's no problem? How long does it take to show symptoms and what are they? Should I have gone and seen if the bone passed in his poo or would it have broken down completely?

·
Registered
131 Posts
You would know pretty quickly after if he had a problem. He wouldn't be pooping or he would have soft poop like diarrhea. he may throw up his food or not eat at all. Just make sure hes drinking water and pooping. Also make sure there isn't any blood in his stool. Keep doing what you are doing. But it sounds like he should be okay :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts