Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a puppy for awhile and got one four days ago! I was so exited. This is my first dog, I had very high expectations when getting him and now feel a little down because he started stressing me out after the second day. He messed in my room and the smell of his poop made me nearly gag. He has so much energy and I'm more layed back it has been stressful. I love him so much and want him to be my best friend but am starting to get concerned with my health. A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with Vascovagal when you don't drink enough water your heart flutters. Stress can also trigger it and it has in the past. I went into a Vascovagal attack two/three times from puppy stress. Then I would wake up and throw up in the trash. I had no attacks last night and when I woke up I actually felt better but then I fell alseep on the couch and when I woke up I threw up again. Thats how its been lately I will feel tired and restless, throw up in the mornings, and would sometimes have vascovagel attacks. Untop of that my period was trigged a few days early from all the stress. Is this all normal or should I see the doctor. How long will puppy stress last I can't stand it I cryed myself to sleep. I should add that two days in the morning I would take two tums and still throw up!!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This is a medical issue, see your doctor. You have said that stress does this to you, and while we can give you ideas on how to help you with your new puppy, the fact is that life is full of various stressors.
So see your doc, but absolutely feel free to ask as many questions as you want about puppy issues and we will help you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It sounds that you are seeing a doctor and know your triggers, but it's still important to let them know you've been having attacks lately due to puppy stress.

It's absolutely normal to feel stressed/depressed with a new puppy. These feelings are often called the puppy blues. BUT this stress is causing your medical condition to flare up, which makes it more serious than most others.

It may be worth considering returning the puppy and adopting an older, calmer dog that already has some basic training.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts