Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GSD is 10 months old and still will pee some times shes outside 24/7 and have the garage to themselfs. but i called her over to come to the horses she came over and squated and peed. she walked away a little came back over and peed when i said her name. she did this over and over she layed down after crawling/peeing over to me laid on her back and started to paw in the air. and everytime she was waging her tail slowly.

she had stoped this a month ago and mostly did this near my dad. we rescued her 5 months ago from the human society where at her last home she bite the little kids and they got rid of her instead of disaplining her. she doesnt bite anymore and has come a long way.

why would she do this? or start it again?

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
This is submissive urination. People are speaking too harshly to her.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we just talk to her i was talking to her and asked where chase was she came over and peed we dont talk loud/yell to our animals.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
For some dogs it doesn't take much to scare them. Everything you described about her actions screams fear. you might not think you are scary but she obviously does. she sounds like a very timid dog. i would suggest ignoring her or dropping high value treats while looking the other way until she builds more confidence. also read up on calming signals.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she very shy around new people and will run to our front door barking, she will come up to me and push her way between my legs and stand/sit there and look at me im always praising her when she does something good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.