Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got her 2 months ago she is not 4 months old, she no longer poops on the floor and some days she does amazing. For the past 2 days she has had 2 accidents each day even though she goes outside on a regular basis. She goes 10 hours at night without accidents and she has been crate trained. What is going on. All her siblings are already house trained. I just cannot get bella housetrained. I been consistent for 2 months.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
At not quite four months old, she needs to be constantly supervised. If she's having accidents, she needs to go out more frequently. Neither of my dogs got any type of "freedom" until they were much closer to a year old. Also, at four months "house trained" very likely means well supervised and taken out on a regular schedule.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can take her outside and not even 15 minutes of being back inside she pee's on the floor, and she still has 3-4 accidents a day she is always in sight of us its hard to tell when shes gonna pee sometimes she just sits normally we think shes sitting until she gets up

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My parents are getting mad because she pees everywhere and our carpet is starting to smell I use resolve but the scent is still there.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
My parents are getting mad because she pees everywhere and our carpet is starting to smell I use resolve but the scent is still there.
You need Nature's Miracle. Resolve won't really help. (Which is probably why she's peeing inside, as long as it smells like pee, she'll think it's an acceptable place to pee.)

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I saw your other thread. You sound pretty frustrated and I understand that it's difficult sometimes to housetrain a puppy. Don't blame yourself and don't blame the puppy. This is not the end of the world. Carpet is not more important than a dog. Agree that you should be using Nature's Miracle exactly how the instructions say.

Do you make sure she's emptying her bladder when you take her outside? Don't expect a pup this age to go outside, empty her bladder right away and come back in.

Do you praise her when she potties outside and give her a treat when she finishes? Do that every single time. Do you get upset with her when she comes inside and potties? Never do this.

Do you make sure she's not drinking too much water? Some puppies will over drink. Don't restrict her water too much but don't let her drink and drink and drink.

Last but not least, I think it's unrealistic to expect a four month old pup to be completely housetrained. Don't compare her to her littermates or to any other puppy.

Puppies should be fun despite the little bumps in the road. Don't let this stress you out. She'll get it.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I take her outside praise her and walk her around for a while until she starts trying to get inside She has peed 4 times in 1 hour It seems like we do good for a week then we have a week full of accidents she peed inside about 3 times yesterday and 2 today within an hour and peed outside also within that hour. She's not drinking that much at all she just keeps peeing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts