Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my third post. Our puppy just recently showed fear of the tv. My husband just started playing the PS3 and our puppy just started darting away from my arms, running to the kitchen, to the hallway and back to the living room but stays away from my husband and me.

She did not want to go in the crate when i asked her to even with treats. When i saw her starting to chew on our bedroom door post, i had no choicebut to put her in and give her a rawhide to chew on instead.

I try coaxing her in the crate to make her think its her 'safe spot' and giving her a rawhide to chew on..but she is fixated on the fear of the tv and does not give the rawhide the attention she was giving it a while ago.
She is good on all of the sounds around the house so far, cars, planes, kids, other dogs that bark, kitchen sounds...except for the tv.

Is there any easy way for her to get used to the tv more without spooking her out or giving her a bad memory of the tv? Should i leave the tv on more often while shes in the houseso she can get use to it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
What was your husband playing? A lot of games are really loud and have a lot of unexpected bangs, crashes, yelling....puppy was probably scared of the sounds!

It shouldn't be too hard to help with this - try sitting with her while the tv is on at a very low volume - bear in mind, dogs have better hearing than we do, so a volume that may be comfortable for you, is going to be much "louder" to her. Start with it on super low, and give treats, pets, toys - whatever motivates her in training. Remove her from the room and go do something else if your husband is playing in the meantime. Then, slowly continue turning up the volume over a period of days or weeks, while giving treats and rewards for being calm in the room with the tv.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts