Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 9 week old lab puppy who has only had his first set of vaccinations, he'll be getting his next ones this Friday. I've heard a lot about socializing them early and especially bringing them around other puppies to play. A friend of mine has a puppy who is 11 weeks and has had 2 sets of vaccinations, he's healthy and no signs of any illness. Are they safe to play together?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Vaccinated dogs are totally fine. So as long as your friend's other dogs are vaccinated (provided she has others) that would be great. Puppy play groups and kindergarten classes at dog schools that require the vaccination of all dogs are also great.

The real problem lies in public places like parks, pet stores, hardware stores, etc. where dogs can go but it's also possible that unvaccainted and/or sick dogs go there as well and you don't want your puppy to pick anything up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's why I was worried, that puppy has only had 2 out of the 3 sets of vaccination shots. We have of course kept him away from public parks, pet stores, and those kinds of places.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Most puppies don't have all their shots. As long as that puppy hasn't been a massive number of places where unvaccinated dogs go, the puppy and location is probably just fine for your pup to socialize :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts