Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
We have a little Coton de tulear male and he's about 11 weeks old. He's been home for about 3 weeks and I'm worried about him having some separation anxiety! We both work during the day, so he's alone from about 7:45am-11:45am then someone comes and plays with him at lunch for while and he is alone again from 1:00 until 4... He's never alone for more than 4 ish hours. Recently we decided to record what he does when we're gone to see how he reacts... and he spends probably 2 and a half or 3 hours out of the 4 hours pacing, crying, jumping up on the pen or jumping on top of his crate. My biggest fear was him having separation anxiety and it seems like he does. I thought I was doing my best to ensure that he felt safe and comfortable but it seems like he's not!! Is this still really young for him? Should I be concerned about this for his age?? Is there any way I could help him feel better when we leave? I'm desperate as I don't want to see him upset or for this to get worse as he grows! I'm just not sure if this is all part of the young puppy phase.
He sleeps the full night in a crate already and only cries for the first 10-15 mins...
Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.