On Monday night, we had torrential downpours for hours without slowing down. Earlier that day we found 12 Newfoundland puppies in an outdoor chain link fenced area, no bigger than probably a 6x6 pen with little to no shelter. I was worried about them to begin with, considering that they seemed far too young to be away from their mother (at most 5 weeks) and had no available food, water, or shelter from the rain. So at around 12:00 at night I decided to run over and pick the puppies up to get them safe. Their "home" was flooding and all of them were trembling, soaked to the bone and freezing. I was worried that they would either drown or get seriously hurt or sick, so I picked them up. After we got them home, I instanly fell in love with every single one of them. We got in touch with their owners and let them know that i had taken them and told them about the conditions of their living area, and they seemed not to care about anything I said. We had to bring them back to their owners yesterday, which absolutely broke my heart. They requested to have them back, and since they're not ours, there wasn't much we could do. We tried to keep them for longer but they wanted them back. We asked the owners if they were for sale, and he said that they are, and Id buy one in a heartbeat but I'm concerned about my other dog. I have a 10 year old beagle that isn't fond other dogs, especially when they're in his house. He's very sensitive when it comes to not getting all of the attention lol. I want to look into buying one of the puppies, but would it effect him? I've wanted a new dog for the longest time and this is the perfect opportunity, but my current dog is my priority and I don't want to make the wrong decision and have him upset. Part of me thinks that he would eventually get used to having a little brother or sister, but I don't want to take the chance of him not getting over it and having two unhappy dogs in my house. I want to do what's best for both of them, but I'm not sure what that would be. I know what I want, but I don't want to put my heart before my knowledge. I have all of the means to take in a puppy and im well prepared for the responsibility. The only problem is that I don't want to break my beagles spirit or send him into a depression. Any advice?