Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 6 month old puppy.. She is a mutt do not know her exact mix.. She is a fantastic dog and a total sweetheart. Ive had her about 2 months now. She was initially very easy to potty train.. Hadn't had an accident in nearly a month, and now the past 2 weeks out of no where she has been peeing in her crate while left alone. I know the general rule of thumb is a puppy should be able to hold her urine for as long as she is old in months plus 1.. so given that theory you would think she could hold it for maybe 6-7 hours.. she is never alone for more than 5.5 hours maybe 6 max and she has been peeing in her crate.. I put the divider in so it wasn't too big for her so I really don't know what the issue is.. I don't think medical because she has no issues on weekends when we're home and no other accidents when she's out in the house with us for the rest of the day.. Does anyone have any tips that can help me help her stop this? I have tried tiering her out before I leave, but any tips are appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
502 Posts
My dog started doing that around 6 months as well. I don't know why, but the only thing that worked was taking out all the bedding. I hated to make her sleep on plastic, but it was the only way to get her to stop. I left it without bedding for about a month, and then gradually started putting some in. Just a small towel at first, and then eventually her bed again. She's been fine ever since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.