Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 1/2 month
Shepherd retriever husky mix
Eating and drinking normal
Going thru a definite growth spurt
Going to the bathroom normally

So it started yesterday morning. Her front legs started to buckle and give out. This continued for a min then she snapped out of it and was completely fine. Back to her normal self, playing and running. Today it happend 4 times through out the day. Noticed she was more dizzy and drunken looking today.
She has a appointment with the vet on Friday but until then any thoughts on what it could be?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It could be a wide array of things. In the clinic stumbling around and difficulty walking meant anything from Vestibular Disease to Distemper. It could even mean a brain tumor or mild seizures.

It's good you have a vet appointment, and it's good that she's eating and drinking, but Friday is a long ways away for the more serious options. I'd watch her very closely, and if she develops and new symptoms or worsens, take her to the vet immediately.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Any new medications? Our dog had much the same symptom, which turned out to be a side effect from some oral flea med we had her on. Needless to say she does not get that one any more, or ever again.

·
Registered
286 Posts
apart from medical reasons mentioned above, i would just like to say one of my cats reacted the once like that to flea treatment, maybe an allergic reaction, but it is better to get it checked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts