Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help I have 4 months old Maltese puppy name Rexys. She listen to me but when I'm not home and someone try to pick her up she pees.. I think she know her name when I call her she will come sometimes. Sometimes when you try to pick her up she will runaway from you and want to play.. I can tell her to Sit an stay and laydown. I take her for walks she get to run around in the grass area on my green belt. I live in Arizona so not much grass. She is running she will. Come to me out on the grass.. I m use to Rottweiler I had five of them in my life time and they were easy to train and listen. We only have her for my nephew he is four.. she also bark a lot when I'm not in the room.. plz help all feedback will be appreciated..

Kirby

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is she showing stress signals when you guys try to pick her up? Does she run away all happy like it's a game or scared?

Reactions: Kirby

·
Registered
390 Posts
Remember you have a "big dog in a little dog suit." Usually the peeing is from excitement. People tend to talk to small breed puppies in high pitched excited voice which tends to trigger the peeing. Ask others that want to to pick her up to do so quietly and calmly. Most puppies will outgrow this stage. As far as the running away when you call her because she wants to play if she is in the house make coming to you the game. You hide and call her when she comes to you have a food reward for her. Plays this game several times a day with her. Maltese tend to be barkers. Do not respond when she is barking for attention. They are a smart breed and will figure out how to self reward, I bark you come.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts