Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend has a 6 month Japanese Chin and she just got off pads a month and a half ago. Basically it's been hard trying to train her to go outside and we need advice on what to do at this stage. Just today she went in her cage three times, while we were at someone else's house. I'm sure we shouldn't have done that and now we have to start from square 1.

And in a general question I was wondering if anyone could also give some advice on what we should be doing at 6 months and if this problem is normal at her age.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where did you get her? Sometimes puppies from pet shops or puppy mills have trouble with house training. How big is her crate? Maybe she has too much space. She should have enough room to stand up and turn around comfortably. Some toy breeds are notoriously difficult to house train.

Was she doung better and suddenly started going in her crate again? Maybe she is sick.

I adopted my puppy from a shelter, and she was in a puppy mill type situation before that. We are having a heck of time house training her, but she doesn't go in her crate.
Our big dog was sooooooo much easier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where did you get her? Sometimes puppies from pet shops or puppy mills have trouble with house training. How big is her crate? Maybe she has too much space. She should have enough room to stand up and turn around comfortably. Some toy breeds are notoriously difficult to house train.

Was she doing better and suddenly started going in her crate again? Maybe she is sick.

I adopted my puppy from a shelter, and she was in a puppy mill type situation before that. We are having a heck of time house training her, but she doesn't go in her crate.
Our big dog was sooooooo much easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts