Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Jasper has been living in his ex-pen connected to his crate for the past 6 weeks and it has worked out great. When we are home he has the run of the first floor but when we are out he stays in the ex-pen. Imagine my surprise when I returned home after an errand and he was waiting at the door for me :eek:Thankfully he didn't get into anything other than his towel we leave in the mudroom. I am guessing he climbed the crate and got out that way as the pen was still locked and intact.

So now I am thinking I should just get him a big crate (maybe 42") and crate him during the day. I liked that he had a little more space in the expen but obviously I can't count on that anymore. It just stinks because he was doing so well in the pen and I was finally feeling like I could leave the house and not be anxious about him. I am gone 8:30-2 every day at work so I need to know I can leave and he will be safe (and so will my house and my cats).

·
Registered
347 Posts
If he's climbing out I would just put a lid on the pen. Depending on what kind you have you can buy one that's made specifically for that pen or just attached a light sheet or some mesh over top of it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our neighbors lent us their 42" crate to attach to the pen and it is almost as high as the pen so he used that today and thankfully was still in it when I got home. I may end up just buying him a large crate and crate him during the day for the time I am at work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts