Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18 weeks old puppy doesn't respect me. Not that she doesn't listen to me. She just loves EVERYONE but me. I don't want to sound selfish or anything like that. I don't think I am the only one she should love. What I am trying to say is that I spend EVERY minute I can with her. I play with her, I walk her, feed her, train her, etc. And after everything I do, she chooses my parents over me. It just makes me sad. She gets soo excited when they are back, even if they have been gone for a few minutes. She jumps and runs everywhere then. She follows them everywhere and when she is with them, she completely ignores me (unless I have some food). When my parents are home and I try to pet her, she usually runs away from me and runs straight to my parents. I am not sure what I did wrong and why didn't she bond with me. But she just doesn't seem love me. How can I build stronger bonds with her?

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I spend EVERY minute I can with her.
This is why she finds other people so exciting and interesting! MY dogs are VERY attached to me (velcro!) but the sheer joy they display when my husband gets home from work is enough to seriously humble me sometimes. They just explode with joy, and howl and wiggle. I never get that response. EVER. But, I'm with them all day, every day.

True story, you'll see several posts I've written about my Border Collie, who was just very "meh". My brother was living with us at the time, and any time she saw him, she'd lose her mind. It broke my heart every. single. time. He didn't do anything with her. It was brutal.

I just kept on walking, feeding, playing, and training and stopped worrying about it. Now she's my girl, and is always keen to work with me. Hang in there and stay positive - it is actually a GOOD thing she loves everyone.

Reactions: kelly528

·
Registered
433 Posts
Do things with her and be active. Puppies are wiggly, silly, furbabies and their personalities change a lot over the months. Hang in there. If you love the puppy, the puppy will love you back without reservation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.