Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Echo got her last parvo and the rabies vaccine and deworming on Monday. The vet mentioned she feel unwell that day.

Symptoms:
Loose stool and lethargic on Monday.
Minor lethargy Tuesday.
Woke up to diarrhea and mucus vomit Wednesday morning.

Given how vaccines work I'm not hugely concerned that her immune system seems to be reacting, this would suggest it's working

Going to call the vet in 20 minutes when they open.

Anyone had similar issues after shots?

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Both my guys only experienced some mild tiredness on the days they received vaccines, no lethargy or diarrhea, sorry. :( Hopefully the vet can give you some answers!

Reactions: Chas

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vet thinks she ate something that didn't agree with her. So no more commercial treats, hot dogs, bully sticks. Just boiled chicken and kibble.

Also subq fluid and an anti inflammatory.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Vet thinks she ate something that didn't agree with her. So no more commercial treats, hot dogs, bully sticks. Just boiled chicken and kibble.

Also subq fluid and an anti inflammatory.
Poor baby, she's really had a rough go so far in life.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She really has.

Hopefully we've been helping improve her quality of life.

One good thing did come out of today, the vet was very impressed with her behavior compared with other border collies the same age! She loves going to the vet and meeting everyone there.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
@Chas - Yay that's awesome! I'm glad you found a silver lining. My vet also enjoys my guys, apparently there are some pretty snappy herding breeds that come in.

I'm sure her quality of life is improving, hang in there. :)

Reactions: Chas
1 - 7 of 7 Posts