Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted a puppy from a local shelter they said he's a lab mastiff mix. I've since learned the shelter is less than reputable and going out of business. The shelter told me he was 16 weeks in early December. I took him to my vet and she said he's 8 weeks old. He'd already been neutered and vaccinated. My vet though lab mixed with Dogo Argentino, American Bulldog, Great Dane. My question is does he look like any particular breed to anyone? He's about 6 months old 54 pounds and stands approximately 21" he's on the small side. He has black spots on his skin his fur is all white except 2 small black areas on his hindquarters. His bark is very deep and boisterous. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
I could see lab x dogo mix. I'm seeing any dane. He is a cute one.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
He's your average bully breed shelter mix. Some Lab is possible, but Great Dane very likely is not. Dogo is considered a bully breed but they're somewhat rare. A lot of Pits/Am Staffs/Staffies, or even American Bulldogs get labeled "Dogos" to make them sound exotic, and because most people don't know enough about them to have prejudices! It can be possible but in general he's just a handsome mutt. :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
I agree with everyone else. Either way, he looks both happy and handsome. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
My pup looks a little like yours. He's also a some kind of pit mixed with cattle dog and who knows what else. He's all white with a few gray spots. Hope he grows up to be as handsome as your boy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts