Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have recently got a new puppy who is 10 months old, and I want to know if I have the puppy blues or something more serious. First, I should start off by saying I have had a dog before, a saint bernard that I adopted when she was 2. She recently passed in April, and it has been hard on me. Then about 2 weeks ago I got a new puppy named Clyde, and is an old english bulldog. The first couple of days were good, but recently I think I've developed the puppy blues. I feel it is necessary to say that when I adopted my Saint Bernard 9 years ago, I had absolutely zero trouble with her, she was a saint " no pun intended" but I have to stress about this new puppy every second, I'm 18 and I live with my mom, older cousin, anD older brother, but I feel like there is a ton of responsibility on my shoulders and I question if I even want this dog at some points. I have an anxiety lump in my throat and I feel stressed all of the time. I have really short emotional outbursts that I control in a matter of seconds and I have been depressed. My appetite is at an all time low, I don't want to eat anything. I'm just wondering if any of you experienced this and how long it took to pass.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
It's totally normal. We get 2-3 of these posts on an average week. Just stick it out for a little while and it goes away. (Also, you can get the same psychological effect from any major life decision- going to college, moving for a job, buying a house, getting married, having a baby, etc. It's a normal reaction to the stress and changes that come with big life events.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I thought something was wrong with me cuz I'm 18 and I should be losing my appetite but I cant eat anything cuz a constant knot in my stomach

1 - 3 of 3 Posts