Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this. I have a 21 week old puppy called phoebe. She has just started barking at other dogs when she comes face to face with them this has happened twice and both times has been on a lead. I have had her since she was 8weeks old and was introduced to several dogs straight away up until 2days ago she was a little nervous when another dog she doesn't know came close to her and would hide behind my legs, now she seems to bark at them and her fur on her back stands on end. What can I do about this and why is she doing it? Other than that she is well behaved and been quite easy to train.

Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sounds like Phoebe is scared or overwhelmed. Or both. Give her a break from meeting dogs, take her to puppy classes where she can meet other puppies in controlled situations.

And also learn about dog's body language so you know what she is telling you and how to prevent unpleasant situations, try to arrange to meet friendly, under control, dogs, who can be called off before your puppy finds the situation stressful.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.